Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology & Environmental Sciences Paper

Vol 21, Issue 1, 2019; Page No.(225-229)

ETHNOBOTANICAL USE OF SOLANACEAE PLANTS OF MIZORAM,INDIA

LALDINFELI RALTE, VANLALHRUAIA, R.C. LAHA AND Y. TUNGINBA SINGH

Abstract

Solanaceae comprises of a large number of economically important herbs, shrubs and trees. The family is characteristically ethnobotanical which is extensively used by human and is an important source of food, spice, and medicine. The present study reports and examines 18 plants species of Solanaceae family from Mizoram, India for their ethnobotanical uses. The study focuses on understanding indigenous knowledge of Solanaceae plant species which are both edible and medicinally important. The current study was based on field survey and interaction with the local traditional healer as well as the local people. Among the documented plant species, shrubs (50%) were dominating, followed by herbs (33.33%) and woody shrub (17%). The present study also revealed that fruits (55.56%) were commonly used part for ethnobotanical uses followed by leaves (44.44%). The present study will enrich the documentation on the traditional knowledge of Solanaceae plants, provide the ethnobotanical and medicinal uses of these plants to other communities, and will be useful for the conservation of the plant resources for further uses.

Enter your contact information below to receive full paper.
Your Name :
Email:
Phone:
City:
Cost of Full Paper: Rs.75 for Indian Nationals or $20 (USD) for international subscribers.
By clicking on Request Paper you Agree to pay the above mentioned cost per paper.
  
Journal Issues
Vol 21, Issue 2, 2019
Vol 21, Issue 1, 2019
Vol 20, Dec. Suppl. No.2, 2018
Vol 20, Issue 4, 2018
Vol 20, Dec. Suppl. Issue, 2018
Vol 20, Oct Suppl. Issue, 2018
Vol 20, Issue 3, 2018
Vol 20, Issue 2, 2018
Vol 20, Issue 1, 2018
Vol 20, Feb. Suppl. Issue, 2018
Vol 19, Issue 4, 2017
Vol 19, Nov. Suppl, Issue 2017
Vol 19, Issue 3, 2017
Vol 19, Issue 2, 2017
Vol 19, Issue 1, 2017
Vol 18, Issue 4, 2016
Vol 18, Issue 3, 2016
Vol 18, Issue 2, 2016
Vol 18, Issue 1, 2016
Vol 17, Issue 4, 2015
Vol 17, Issue 3, 2015
Vol. 17 Special Issue 2015
Vol 17, Issue 2, 2015
Vol 17, Issue 1, 2015
Vol 16, Issue 4, 2014
Vol 16, Issue 3, 2014
Vol 16, Issue 2, 2014
Vol 16, Issue 1, 2014
Vol 15, Issue 4, 2013
Vol 15, Issue 3, 2013
Vol 15, Issue 2, 2013
Vol 15 Issue 1, 2013
Vol 14, Issue 4, 2012
Vol 14, Issue 3, 2012
Vol 14, Issue 2, 2012
Vol.14, Issue 1, 2012
Vol.13, Issue 4, 2011
Vol.13, Issue 3, 2011
Vol.13, Issue 2, 2011
Vol.13, Issue 1, 2011
Vol.12, Issue 4, 2010
Vol.12, Issue 3, 2010
Vol.12, Issue 2, 2010
Vol.12, Issue 1, 2010
Vol 11, Issue 4, 2009
Vol 11, Issue 3, 2009
Vol 11, Issue 2, 2009
Vol 11, Issue 1, 2009
Vol 10, Issue 4, 2008
Vol 10, Issue 3, 2008
Vol 10, Issue 3, 2008
Vol 10, Issue 2, 2008
Vol 10, Issue 1, 2008
Vol 9, Issue 4, 2007
Vol 9, Issue 3, 2007
Vol 9, Issue 2, 2007
Vol 9, Issue 1, 2007
Vol 8, Issue 4, 2006
Vol 8, Issue 3, 2006
Vol 08, Issue 2, 2006
Vol 08, Issue 1, 2006
Vol 7 Issue 4, 2005
Vol 07, Issue 3, 2005
Vol 07, Issue 2, 2005
Vol 6 Issue 4, 2004
Vol 6 Issue 3, 2004
Vol 6 Issue 2, 2004
Vol 6 Issue 1, 2004
Vol 5 Issue 3, 2003
Vol 5 Issue 2, 2003
Vol 04, Issue 4, 2002
Vol 04, Issue 1, 2002
Vol 3 Issue 1-2, 2001
Vol 1 Issue 1-2, 2000
Vol 1 Issue 3-4, 1999
Vol 1 Issue 1-2, 1999
Looking for Past Issues? Click here to get them!!